Microsoft CRM & ERP Software Product Review
As would be expected from such a global IT software and hardware presence as Microsoft, their ranges of CRM (customer relationship management) and ERP (enterprise resource planning) software products are extensive.
They provide for multi-sector functionality across any size of business from the start up SME (small to mid-size enterprise) to the established High Street and Internet brands.
Designed for user friendly application, the modular proRM Basic Module provides an effective tool for sales, project and resource management and can be purchased on a pay-as-you-go basis, allowing businesses to only buy what they need at the time for individual roles or departmental use. CRM solutions provided in the package include:
• Gantt Charts including print out functionality.
• Applications for resource and workload management.
• Time Tracking Approval and Time Tracking Manager tools.
• The Invoice Wizard function.
• Enablement for project management and project breakdown structure.
• License management allowing for simplified export.
Those using MS Dynamics CRM online and Partner Cloud applications are offered services for 5 users free of charge. One adoptee of the system has reviewed the software commenting: "The modular approach is perfect for us and our customers. We love it!"
As winner of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Solution of the Year, the proRM Business solution for sales, resources and project management is the Outlook integrated sister to the proRM Basic application. Delivering a raft of powerful CRM tools, the software provides both on and off-line functionality, Microsoft's Time Tracking Client application, and allows the user to allocate time and expenses directly to projects, calendar, appointments or tasks.
Available for costs from 13,000 US dollars (£8,400) per user, per month, a spokesperson for one company who has deployed the system commented: "Customer service is great! There is a very quick response time to help desk enquiries at almost any time of the day or week."
Benefits of adopting the package will include:
• Access to real-time reporting.
• Interactive functionality for project and resource planning.
• Revenue forecasts and projections.
• Advanced HR features.
• Access to customisable integrated billing.
• MS Project import and export compatibility.
• ERP integration.
The comprehensive graphic user interface enables effective project monitoring and planning while the innovative drag and drop functionality provides for fast and efficient resource management.
Multi Industry ERP Solution Provision
"We don't own any warehouses. We don't own any trucks. We don't own any trees. Our business is information and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 gives us that information." So speaks Group Finance Director, Robin Dawson of Poupart Ltd about the new ERP (enterprise resource planning) solution from Microsoft.
Designed to provide and empower a productive workforce, while enabling the system to grow, adapt and respond to the ever changing market conditions, the package is available for costs from £15,560 for a total upfront deployment or from £165 per user, per month.
Providing SMEs with total control over their central business processes, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV offers users the opportunity to optimise their supply chain and delivers their employees the insight needed to perform at their best at all times. Included in the system are tools to:
• Enhance financial management with the ability to control compliance and contain financial outlay while maintaining clear visibility of assets and cashflow, enabling the user to effectively strategize their processes.
• Allow team members to base their actions on informed decision making through advanced intelligence and reporting and to work proactively and not reactively; delivering the ability to plan for tomorrow while dealing with today.
• Help place customers at the core of the business process through service, sales and project management solutions, delivering the opportunity to increase sales and profitability through increasing the level of customer experience at every step.
• Hone delivery and production schedules to cut inventory costs and overheads, allowing the business room to grow and develop despite the current challenging economic situation.